TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hong Leong say they are no longer selling TW200 in Singapore "as the factory no longer makes them". Anyone have any more intel?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't trust the website - the Singapore one says the same!

Can someone in the US verify if 2013 (MY 2013) are available.

I'm thinking that Fukishima and the large scale industrial slow down might have killed off the TW!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Can someone in the US verify if 2013 (MY 2013) are available.

The 2013 TW200 has been available since July of 2012. That doesn't mean that dealers actually had them, especially if they still had some 2012 models to clear out. The 2013 looks to be the same color scheme as the 2012 US model as well. Silver frame, white body work with blue trim, and black wheels. It's shown on the Yamaha Motors USA site.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/10/0/home.aspx

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2013 TW200 has been available since July of 2012. That doesn't mean that dealers actually had them, especially if they still had some 2012 models to clear out. The 2013 looks to be the same color scheme as the 2012 US model as well. Silver frame, white body work with blue trim, and black wheels. It's shown on the Yamaha Motors USA site.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/10/0/home.aspx

Sounds like an end of model run out to me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I purchased a 2013 TW200 From the Yamaha Dealer on Dec 14th, 2012. I was at a different Dealership today and they had a 2013 TW200 on the showroom floor. My guess is they are still making them :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hmm.

Looking at the 2012 and 2013 TW200 pages on Yamaha's website, it appears that nothing has changed in terms of promo photos, etc.

Of course, if the color scheme, design, and tech specs haven't changed then why would Yamaha waste money putting up new pics of the identical bike?

If they have stopped making them, I'm with n2o2diver in celebrating the coming increase of collector's value for our bikes. Who knows, maybe 30 years from now the savvy investor could flip a long-held TW for big money! I'm talking Honda CT90 money here people. We could all be sitting on goldmines!

·
Registered
95 Posts
That web site is for Yamaha in Mozambique. Hopefully like it was said earlier, that Yamaha is just reducing the markets that they sell them in and not eliminating production as a whole.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If they stop making the tw, what does that mean for parts?

Nothing really, at least not for a long time. The Japanese have always seemed good about keeping parts available for mass-produced stuff.

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts