TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

Few days ago I bought my first Yamaha TW 125. I really love this bike but one of things that I don't like is the OEM headlight..
Today I made a visual inspection and I noticed that OEM ehadlight is made originally to fit R2 bulbs..

If it is possible to change the headlight with the round one which is designed for H4 bulb? in other words - will the lighting system work properly with H4 bulb?

I apologize if this question was discussed in previous topics, unfortunately I did not find any info :(

Thank you in advance :)

Best regards,
Liepa

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi, and welcome. I guess you're talking about the rectangular headlight? I just got one of these for my 125/200 conversion as I prefer it to the round one. I've been thinking the same, have a look at eBay item 191847142283, I don't know for sure if it'll fit but it looks close enough to give it a try. If you go the route of changing to the round headlamp I'm sure it will be fine. Don't forget you need a different mounting frame for it though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI!

I am afraid that this bulb won't fit in the headlight if it is desiged for H4 bulb..

Maybe I did not explain the question very well.

I want to know if the original wiring plug will fit for H4 bulb and will the electrical system will work properly and some electrical malfunctions will not appear if the H4 will be installed instead of R2 :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
HI!

I am afraid that this bulb won't fit in the headlight if it is desiged for H4 bulb..

Maybe I did not explain the question very well.

I want to know if the original wiring plug will fit for H4 bulb and will the electrical system will work properly and some electrical malfunctions will not appear if the H4 will be installed instead of R2 :)
It's not a regular H4 base, it's the fully round base with one location tag. And you can buy standard H4 connector blocks off eBay etc that you could splice onto your existing wiring, item no. 322136725456 for example. I've used these when upgrading to 130/100w as they are ceramic and can handle any extra heat ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts