TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody and happy new year

Winter time here, wet and cold days therefore we need to occupy ourselves... we found this bike in our warehouse, Honda 125 Twin from the early 80's, owner unknown, so, well, let's go...

we removed everything useless and put a Honda Rebel front fork and wheel, more stylish...

then we modified the frame cause lower was better (we're tall guys though)

we will put another headlight with Z bar stuff

modified frame

swing arm will be modified to put a bigger tire and wider rear wheel

front view

waiting for fuel tank and seat, both specially made or modified

to be continued

cheers

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

thank you very much, I will put more pictures later and hopefully will get more comments

Have a great day

oki, update

cheers

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Looking good.

What is the new angle on the front forks?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi

I asked our skilled mechanic and he replied:

"the angle of the fork allows the rider to look cool on the bike"

cheers

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi

up with Z bar

cheers

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi you all

Update with a little change on the frame

We will put a custom made smaller seat later

The vintage BSA fuel tank we received was a little big and didn't fit the bike the way we expected, beautiful part though

We'll keep it preciously in our recycle bin and it will be used for a next custom project

We will use a bigger front tyre to increase the Bobber style.

To be continued

Cheers

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi ya'all

update with seat and rear mudguard

to be continued

cheers

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hiya

update with fuel tank

cheers

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Reminds me of my days working in a Honda shop. When business slowed in the winter us mechanics would roll in the thrashed, crashed, and basket case trade-ins from the previous summer. We would work them back into roadworthy condition for resale in the spring. We had to work cheap to make any money because our pay was calculated by deducting the cost of the bike and parts used to repair/modify it from the selling price and dividing by 2. We shopped garages and flea markets for cheap parts to build customs because they brought a much better price than a stocker.

That's when I learned to work with sheetmetal, fiberglass, body putty, and paint. I set up a little shed behind the shop and put custom paint on tanks, fenders, side panels, headlight buckets, etc. All the paint used was the little cans of touch-up paint Honda shipped with every new bike. The parts I painted were used by the other mechanics to build customs, and sold extremely well come spring. Many customers would buy a brand new bike and swap out the original parts for custom painted used parts, and often want a couple matching helmets painted special. It was quite the money-making project at the time.

Funny thing was those cheaply built used customs cost more than a new bike and sold even better. The shop would build 150 or so over the winter and sell them all within a month of the first warm sunny Saturday.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi ya all

update

to be continued

cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts