TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

So have been searching for a descent used TW for awhile, and have seen quite a few come and go on FB marketplace while I was trying to sell one of my bikes. Well finally sold it a few days ago, and am aggressively in search for a good example that's not to far away. It's basically going to be a bike that I am going to take down to my lake house in TN to have it to putt around with my buddy who bought a 1995 with 4300 miles a few months ago. I have two TW's close by both are descent one that seems a little pricey the 2008, and the 2005 has higher mileage and looks to be not in as good as shape as the 2008. $4300 for the 2008 w/4100 miles, and $2500 for the 2005 w/7700 miles. Not real concerned about higher mileage used Yamadogs. I picked up a 2014 WR250R last spring with almost 8K on the clock(just broken in) I guess the real question is would you pay $4300 for a really clean 08, or save $$$ and buy the rougher 2005? Obviously I am not going to be riding the hell of it with it being at my other house(4hrs away) but I am pretty particular/anal with my bikes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all,

So have been searching for a descent used TW for awhile, and have seen quite a few come and go on FB marketplace while I was trying to sell one of my bikes. Well finally sold it a few days ago, and am aggressively in search for a good example that's not to far away. It's basically going to be a bike that I am going to take down to my lake house in TN to have it to putt around with my buddy who bought a 1995 with 4300 miles a few months ago. I have two TW's close buy both are descent one that seems a little pricey the 2006, and the 2005 has higher mileage and looks to be not in as good as shape as the 2006. $4300 for the 2006 w/4100 miles, and $2500 for the 2005 w/7700 miles. Not real concerned about higher mileage used Yamadogs. I picked up a 2014 WR250R last spring with almost 8K on the clock(just broken in) I guess the real question is would you pay $4300 for a really clean 06, or save $$$ and buy the rougher 2005? Obviously I am not going to be riding the hell of it with it being at my other house(4hrs away) but I am pretty particular/anal with my bikes.

View attachment 220186

View attachment 220187
My vote is cheaper one. Where do you live.
I have a friend selling a 2012 in Sioux Falls, SD

Reactions: Darth73

·
Super Moderator
20,142 Posts
Hi all,

So have been searching for a descent used TW for awhile, and have seen quite a few come and go on FB marketplace while I was trying to sell one of my bikes. Well finally sold it a few days ago, and am aggressively in search for a good example that's not to far away. It's basically going to be a bike that I am going to take down to my lake house in TN to have it to putt around with my buddy who bought a 1995 with 4300 miles a few months ago. I have two TW's close buy both are descent one that seems a little pricey the 2006, and the 2005 has higher mileage and looks to be not in as good as shape as the 2006. $4300 for the 2006 w/4100 miles, and $2500 for the 2005 w/7700 miles. Not real concerned about higher mileage used Yamadogs. I picked up a 2014 WR250R last spring with almost 8K on the clock(just broken in) I guess the real question is would you pay $4300 for a really clean 06, or save $$$ and buy the rougher 2005? Obviously I am not going to be riding the hell of it with it being at my other house(4hrs away) but I am pretty particular/anal with my bikes.

View attachment 220186

View attachment 220187
Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha TW200
36 Posts
Hi all,

View attachment 220186

View attachment 220187
I paid $600 more for a new one last week than the 2006.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,142 Posts
I paid $1600 for my 1987, which was $1 more then it cost brand new in 1987.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! Yeah not much on craigslist anywhere near me. Imo it's pretty dead. My go to is FB marketplace, much more activity. Found another one that is further away(3:30), but looks clean 06 3K miles asking $3500. Just have to decide on one. Buying new is always an option, but no inventory around me. I think a dealer up in Erie, PA might be the closest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well picked up my TDub today from Indiana. 2013 with 1400 miles. Moose hand guards and rear rack. I now have the trifecta! The Tenere T7, WR250R, and the TW. It's going to be a blast to ride, and complement my other bikes.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
These bikes all look so clean. Am I the only guy who crashes and rides in the rain to clean the bike up? I stay on my chain and oil and air filter, but other than that, so many of you keep your bikes immaculate and low mileage. Not so much how...but why?
It's a ZEN thing, motorcycle maintenance that is.
But seriously, I've always maintained the appearance of my bikes because it's the only way to really know they are in good repair. If you ride hard, things are going to wear or break. Kinda hard to tell when the thing is covered in filth or even a layer of mud. Cleaning reviews the entire bike closely and hopefully I'll find those failing areas at the house, not on the trail.

Reactions: josefmd

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
These bikes all look so clean. Am I the only guy who crashes and rides in the rain to clean the bike up? I stay on my chain and oil and air filter, but other than that, so many of you keep your bikes immaculate and low mileage. Not so much how...but why?
I am not as particular/anal as I used to be, but yeah I keep my bikes clean. It's weird, but I am have keep my Tenere at least a little dirty since I got it in Aug!

Reactions: Talcire

·
Registered
566 Posts
Well picked up my TDub today from Indiana. 2013 with 1400 miles. Moose hand guards and rear rack. I now have the trifecta! The Tenere T7, WR250R, and the TW. It's going to be a blast to ride, and complement my other bikes.
Congrats, mine's a 2013 also..... a few more miles on it....11,500
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So a little update! I am now the 4th owner. The younger guy I just bought it from bought it in Aug with 1100 miles, so he owned it a very short time accumulating only 300 miles. When I test rode it the thing was a little hesitant of idle, and didn't hardly idle at all. He warmed it before I got there, so I didn't get a good look at it running from a cold standpoint. I got it home, and the damn thing would not idle and stall of idle. It looks like there has been tons of threads with guys with clogged pilot jets, etc. My symptoms were/are the same. The gas was most likely crap, so I dumped it and put in some fresh 93. I also popped the top of the carb off and poured in a shit load of Sea Foam in the carb and let it sit a few hrs. Threw it all back together, and took for a 4-5 mile ride with it on reserve. Runs a lot better now! Idles( low with idle screw all the way in) and does not stall off idle anymore. Came home and topped it off, and threw in a half a bottle of Sea Foam. Went out again and rung it's little neck. Hit some little local trails and had a blast. Hopefully running it with fresh gas and Sea Foam will continue to clear out some of the cob webs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts