TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't often do product reviews but this one is worth mention.

My wife bought me a Yeti "Colster" cooler for my beer. It holds both cans and bottles and is about the slickest gadget I have seen in a long time. Put a cold beer can or bottle in it and the beer stays cold for hours. For those who drain their beers rather quick it is totally unnecessary but I sometimes crack a beer at 4 PM while working around the house and forget where I left it. Last night I finished working and found my near full beer at 8 PM in the Colster out on my bench. Took a swig figuring it would be piss warm and the damn thing was just about as cold as when I first popped it at 4. That to me rates a big A+ and is something use beer and soda/pop drinkers sure will appreciate.

Pics Attached if they work.

GaryL

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
My wife bought me a Yeti mug almost a year ago and I continue to be amazed by it! Thank God she did because I would have NEVER spent $40 on one! Turns out it has been worth every bit of that money.

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife bought me a Yeti mug almost a year ago and I continue to be amazed by it! Thank God she did because I would have NEVER spent $40 on one! Turns out it has been worth every bit of that money.

Tom
We just bought the Yeti 20 ounce mugs yesterday and have not tried them yet. I think the Colster was around $20 or $24 and is absolutely one of my favorite tools already. I take a Stanley SS thermos in the woods hunting and they too are a great invention. Sitting in a tree in 20 degrees it sure is nice to bust out a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate.

BTW, 2 of those trail cams from Dick's arrived on Friday and I bought 4 SD cards for them today.

Gary

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
We just bought the Yeti 20 ounce mugs yesterday and have not tried them yet. I think the Colster was around $20 or $24 and is absolutely one of my favorite tools already. I take a Stanley SS thermos in the woods hunting and they too are a great invention. Sitting in a tree in 20 degrees it sure is nice to bust out a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate.

BTW, 2 of those trail cams from Dick's arrived on Friday and I bought 4 SD cards for them today.

Gary
Did you ever get that chair Gary? Can't wait to see some pictures from the game cameras! Oh yeah, both of the deer I have killed during this years gun season have come while I was enjoying a hot cup of coffee out of MY Stanley stainless steel thermos. No kidding either. My dad and I have been joking that the deer on our property must not be very sharp until they get their first cup of coffee in the morning.

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you ever get that chair Gary? Can't wait to see some pictures from the game cameras! Oh yeah, both of the deer I have killed during this years gun season have come while I was enjoying a hot cup of coffee out of MY Stanley stainless steel thermos. No kidding either. My dad and I have been joking that the deer on our property must not be very sharp until they get their first cup of coffee in the morning.

Tom
Expecting the chair to arrive any day now. Ordered it the same time as the cameras.

GaryL

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it wrong that I am really excited for you to get it??? :confused:

Tom :D
Maybe just a little! I am sitting here on a very inexpensive Chromebook computer that has performed flawlessly for over 3 years now that you recommended. I did play a little with the trail cams you recommended and it appears they are as good or even better at $35 each than my almost $200 Bushnell ones. When the chair arrives I fully expect it to be a fine choice as you said it would be. He is a fool who does not take recommendations from those who know the products and gadgets they have and recommend. So, when will you be getting a "Colster" or two?:confused:

GaryL

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Maybe just a little! I am sitting here on a very inexpensive Chromebook computer that has performed flawlessly for over 3 years now that you recommended. I did play a little with the trail cams you recommended and it appears they are as good or even better at $35 each than my almost $200 Bushnell ones. When the chair arrives I fully expect it to be a fine choice as you said it would be. He is a fool who does not take recommendations from those who know the products and gadgets they have and recommend. So, when will you be getting a "Colster" or two?:confused:

GaryL
Just as soon as I find out if Santa has brought me one or not :D We bought my dad and stepmom each one last summer as a "Start of camping season" gift and they both LOVE them. I suspect they may be giving them as Christmas presents. Fingers crossed!

Tom

PS. Chromebooks just keep getting better every year! I may buy another after the holidays just because. Both of mine have been flawless. Although Connor destroyed the battery on my first one:(

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Tom sure makes some good purchase recommendations. However if you are looking for a new toy how about spraying a little camo paint on one of these $40 iCloud puppies so you can follow, track, and talk to your deer. “Here Bucky,Bucky,Bucky...come to Daddy”. :D View attachment 141905 Toguard Wireless Security Camera, Cloud…

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Tom's been very helpful to me too. I'm on an old laptop that he helped me get a fix for 3 years ago. Thanks Tom for your expertise!! :D

GaryL

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Those thermal tumblers are amazing. I tried one this last summer. Bought a mug style one at bevmo which I use at home. Costco had a 30 oz two pack of no name brand for about $25. GF makes her coconut rum/sprite concoction and adds a little ice. still ice in it the next morning....Not sure if they are still selling them but we bought an extra set for the camper.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Did you ever get that chair Gary? Can't wait to see some pictures from the game cameras! Oh yeah, both of the deer I have killed during this years gun season have come while I was enjoying a hot cup of coffee out of MY Stanley stainless steel thermos. No kidding either. My dad and I have been joking that the deer on our property must not be very sharp until they get their first cup of coffee in the morning.Tom

I think the deer like the smell of coffee. Time to rub yourselves in some grounds next time. Lol.

We have those Costco thermal cups with the straws too, awesome for adult beverages. ??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts