Discussion Starter #1
NFL protesting the flag- POWERFUL!!

PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY!!!

Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers wrote to the NFL commissioners the following;

Commissioners, I've been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium,

Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium.

I missed the '90-'91 season because I was with a battalion

of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned

home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies.

My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella,

was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl.

He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked

with or for me through the years returned home with the

American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in

their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans

fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces

and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done

something for this country beside playing with a ball and

believing they're something special! They're not! My Marines

and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this! You'll fine players for large and small

infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our

nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this.

Yes, I know, it's their 1st Amendment right to behave in such

a despicable manner.

What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or

the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the

end zone after scoring. I guess that's much worse than

disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm,

isn't it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an

idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK?

You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you

allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic

fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million

dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You're just as bad and

disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor

who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off

the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur,

without consequence, on the sidelines.

I applaud those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads.

They wear body armor and carry rifles.

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from

their families. They don't do it for an hour on Sunday. They do

it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction.

They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney

to get their knee iced. They don't even have ice! Many don't

have legs or arms.

Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of

America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire

rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished.

They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look

in that mirror when you shave tomorrowand see what you really

are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and

take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Powers originally sent his letter to former Florida congressman

Allen West. West then posted the letter to his news website.

As of last week, at least 18 NFL player had protested the

anthem by either kneeling during the anthem or raising their

fists, according to USA Today Sports.

If you agree with what he said please pass this on.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
That's a powerful letter GarryL. I will pass it on and that's just one more reason why I don't watch sports.
I would hate to see America have to draft up a bunch of pussy asses to fight a war like WW2, or for that matter any war we have fought. I'm not sure we could win it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I USED to watch sports to get away from the real world. Somewhere along the way, these premadonna athletes thought their views held more value than anyone else's. Meh.... Who needs 'em? I quit watching and it's been a lot like quitting smoking; I'm a lot better off for it.

Personally, I think that Marine's letter is a rant. It rambles way too long and I would not be surprised if it wasn't really penned by him in the first place. Ranting at your enemy or people who have different ideologies gets you no where. It's a complete waste of time. You sway no one's opinion. There's nothing productive in it. Like I said, my personal opinion. You can imagine what I would think of your opinion of what I think, so save your breath if what I say offends. Ha!

Monday I was in Best Buy, checking out TV's. The 49er's were playing in San Francisco. The camera was doing it's best to not show the stands. However, I saw enough to notice that it was less than a third full. Sure, it was raining, but at a minimum $100 for a seat, I doubt it was rain keeping folks away. I gotta believe a lot of these tickets are bought as season passes by people who speculate and sell them individually. I also believe the scalping business, in SF at least, has the bottom knocked right out of it with Kapernick's kneeling side show stunt.

That, folks, is how policy is changed. Not by rants from some Marine, real or not, but from our dollars and how we spend them. If you feel a need to rant, then rant to the sponsors. Tell them you'll boycott their products if they air them on offensive shows such as the NFL football games where key players are highlighted for their demonstrations of political views that you find hateful. No long diatribe. Short and sweet.

So, how about this stock market!! Wooo Hoooo!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's a tough line to draw on what is a protest and is it right or wrong. I don't have answers just more questions. Should't people be able to protest like this?

·
Super Moderator
4,883 Posts
It's a tough line to draw on what is a protest and is it right or wrong. I don't have answers just more questions. Should't people be able to protest like this?
No – they should be taken out and shot

Remember the Vietnam protesters putting flowers down gun barrels ? – shoot the lot of them – dig them up first if you have to – then shoot them

Americas military is directed by Government, the President – and anyone who argues with the likes of Nixon and Obamah should be shot

In fact anyone who doesn’t like anything should be shot

Think that’s everyone – but if I missed someone – shoot ‘em ……

:devilish:

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
No – they should be taken out and shot

Remember the Vietnam protesters putting flowers down gun barrels ? – shoot the lot of them – dig them up first if you have to – then shoot them

Americas military is directed by Government, the President – and anyone who argues with the likes of Nixon and Obamah should be shot

In fact anyone who doesn’t like anything should be shot

Think that’s everyone – but if I missed someone – shoot ‘em ……

:devilish:
Just turned off CNN and according to them we are doing our best to follow your advice.

Tom :laughing4:

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just turned off CNN and according to them we are doing our best to follow your advice.

Tom :laughing4:
I am surprised a man of your caliber even turns CNN ON! Throughout this entire election process that station along with most of the others fed us a boat load of manure from which the this word evolved,
Stow High In Transit. The news media are one of the few privately owned businesses who are protected by the Constitution under the first amendment. My belief is simple in this regard, we protect your business so you owe it to the American public to report the truth weather it fits your narrative or not. Just the truth!

GaryL

·
Registered
796 Posts
Hitler did a great job of revitalizing the German economy post WW1. Earned him "man of the year"" in the thirties. His secret? Harnessing the power
of Patriotism/Nationalism combined with having a "solution" to the impurity of the Aryan race. Demonstrated clearly how to deal with immigrants, deviants and anyone different. He championed Christianity and the need to eliminate those that killed Jesus. Up until they started to lose the war, Germans were proud of being a strong nation. I believe the Bible even says "beware the zealot ". Not sure who said it but I believe there is truth in the statement "Those who do not study History are doomed to repeat it."
Hate and ignorance are very powerful tools, combined with Patriotism make a force that can perform quite heinous tasks. I would question that any of these three would considered "Christian Values" . Sometimes folks get wrapped up in their conclusions they fail to see truth. "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts". Rigidity and Dogmatic in these times of massive change could prove frustrating.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I am surprised a man of your caliber even turns CNN ON! Throughout this entire election process that station along with most of the others fed us a boat load of manure from which the this word evolved,
Stow High In Transit. The news media are one of the few privately owned businesses who are protected by the Constitution under the first amendment. My belief is simple in this regard, we protect your business so you owe it to the American public to report the truth weather it fits your narrative or not. Just the truth!

GaryL
Well Gary I look at it like this, in order to properly fend off the next wave of attacks we must know which direction they are going to come from. CNN has a history of telegraphing their punches. Bob and weave brother, bob and weave;)

Tom

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Hitler did a great job of revitalizing the German economy post WW1. Earned him "man of the year"" in the thirties. His secret? Harnessing the power
of Patriotism/Nationalism combined with having a "solution" to the impurity of the Aryan race. Demonstrated clearly how to deal with immigrants, deviants and anyone different. He championed Christianity and the need to eliminate those that killed Jesus. Up until they started to lose the war, Germans were proud of being a strong nation. I believe the Bible even says "beware the zealot ". Not sure who said it but I believe there is truth in the statement "Those who do not study History are doomed to repeat it."
Hate and ignorance are very powerful tools, combined with Patriotism make a force that can perform quite heinous tasks. I would question that any of these three would considered "Christian Values" . Sometimes folks get wrapped up in their conclusions they fail to see truth. "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts". Rigidity and Dogmatic in these times of massive change could prove frustrating.
Isn't your opinion that "Whitey can't be trusted" exactly the same as Hitler saying the Jew's couldn't be trusted? Hate and ignorance indeed.......

Tom

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Gary I look at it like this, in order to properly fend off the next wave of attacks we must know which direction they are going to come from. CNN has a history of telegraphing their punches. Bob and weave brother, bob and weave;)

Tom
I do the same Tom and drive my wife nuts flipping between FOX, CNN and MSNBC just to see how each different slant will materialize. It sure is hard trying to disseminate the truth so we must have a knack for reading between the lines from each of these sources. Another here mentioned "Repeating History" but as far as CNN is concerned they are more than willing to re write history and that just cannot be done. We are who we are because of how we got here and a lot of that is not pretty but it is real.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Have not watched 10 minutes of the NFL{needless to say I never watch the gang bangers in the NBA} this season...the contrived Bullshit and thugs that play the boring games are unwatchable....the Flag/National Anthem stuff just sealed the deal...and you know what? I don't miss it a gawd damn bunch....there are more things I can do for 4 hours on a Sunday Afternoon...even if it's just cleaning up dog poop in the backyard.:p

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Pure Bullshit, Hitler was no Christian, and never claimed to be one...I just love the "Revisionist History" the left tries to put out with their "Hate" .... Nothing Personal, just stating the obvious, this all comes from the Alinski/DNC Talking Points Manuel of the Far Left....

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
Excerpt from the article. "To claim that this rhetoric makes Hitler a Christian is to confuse political opportunism with personal conviction. Hitler himself says in Mein Kampf that his public statements should be understood as propaganda that bears no relation to the truth but is designed to sway the masses."

Was Hitler a Christian?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
On a Side Note I wish you all a "Happy Thanksgiving" ... thanksgiving.jpg

I Realize to many Thanksgiving, like Columbus Day, is really, really, offensive to the usual suspects...you know, Gutless White Liberals, Redskins, who somehow still think they "Owned' the land, which of course is pure Bullshit, nobody "owns" a damn thing...and besides the Skins murdered stole it from others before them....but Libs, Indians, Illegals, and other far left loons can "Suck It Up"....and go looking for their nearest "Safe Space"...the rest of us will enjoy the day with family and friends, even the stupid Liberals among them:toothy9:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I know this may not be a popular opinion but they should be allowed to protest so long as its peaceful protest, its one of our fundamental rights under the first amendment. Once you cross the line into violence then its another matter entirely and its no longer protest.

That said we don't have to agree with any of this idiots, the message they are trying to send or their method for delivering such a message and i certainly don't but i do respect their freedom to do it. Just the same as the letter in the original post, the person that wrote it is also free to express his opinion on the matter.

What i have a problem with is what the lefties want to do when anyone disagrees with their agenda which is to silence anyone that disagrees. What is happening right now is a joke, they don't like the outcome of the election and will do anything to try and get their way. Thankfully democracy won and America spoke its wishes loud and clear.

·
Super Moderator
4,883 Posts
What my first post tried to say (perhaps ineloquently, but put into words the audience can understand), is that protests of this nature have been going on since time began.

My “personal” opinion is that it was somewhat disrespectful during your national anthem, (I can only presume this was the case as no link to the incident was given), but as individuals, you have that right. Sanctions can only be taken by the representatives of the sporting association concerned, to whom the letter was rightly addressed.

If there is any criticism here, it should be pointed at the sportsmen concerned, the team they represent, and to the association concerned.

No point in getting your knickers in a twist (or “your panties in wad” as you so quaintly say over there), and as much as I’d like to blame Hitler over this, I think we can safely rule him out ……

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
What my first post tried to say (perhaps ineloquently, but put into words the audience can understand), is that protests of this nature have been going on since time began.

My “personal” opinion is that it was somewhat disrespectful during your national anthem, (I can only presume this was the case as no link to the incident was given), but as individuals, you have that right. Sanctions can only be taken by the representatives of the sporting association concerned, to whom the letter was rightly addressed.

If there is any criticism here, it should be pointed at the sportsmen concerned, the team they represent, and to the association concerned.

No point in getting your knickers in a twist (or “your panties in wad” as you so quaintly say over there), and as much as I’d like to blame Hitler over this, I think we can safely rule him out ……
Don't think too highly of the audiences intelligence then? :D

Tom

·
Super Moderator
4,883 Posts
I was halfway through the first cup of coffee in the morning - as you may of guessed - "I don't do mornings" ....:p

1 - 20 of 49 Posts