TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Dear qwerty,

You have received a warning at Yamaha TW200 Forum.

Reason:
-------
Insulted Other Member(s)"

Adios, amigos.

Screw the rest of you.

Reactions: Yamak

·
Registered
925 Posts
They were not members, is my guess. Us "members" can take some nasty S**T. (There: did that make you censors happy?)

·
Registered
503 Posts
"say it ain't so Pa, say it ain't so"

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm with Ronnydog: this has to be some kind of joke (or perhaps spam???). Whatever. Qwerty, don't fall for it!! Just garbage. -- R.

·
Registered
398 Posts
"Dear qwerty,

You have received a warning at Yamaha TW200 Forum.

Reason:
-------
Insulted Other Member(s)"

Adios, amigos.

Screw the rest of you.

Guys let me tell you, without qwerty I would not be here, most likely would not even have a TW (or two by now). His help was incredible when I joined. Not only with advise. He went out and bought and shipped me my first set of necessary parts since I had no idea and no way to buy anything on the island. To the person who gave the warning, XXXXXXX!!! I will be honored to either be warned or expelled!!!!!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Peter, Since he posted it, we must conclude that the warning came from a valid source for a rules violation. Others here have received them; a warning, no big deal. You start out very supportive but then end with explicit foul verbal abuse toward the administrators. For that, I would think that you would get your wish to be honored with being expelled, as the admin/mods should not have to take that from anyone any more than the rest of us should.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out what has become of the "Off Topic" section....seems a few have hijacked the so called "Off Topic" section into the PC Police section....I'm thinking it needs changed to

"Off Topic{as long as we approve of the topic and subject}" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Hoot,

I just looked at patsdailyrant. Pretty neat!
Been slacking off during the summer this year, but will get back into it a bit more as election time and fall nears.....I try to have plenty to say.... :smiley:

·
Registered
287 Posts
QWERTY has come and gone before. He has 8100 posts!!! :icon_thumbright:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Off-Topic I can only guess at the admin's intent, but I think it was to have a place for people who have met here to talk about things not related to the TW; not as a place to be able to violate the Forum Rules and Regulations.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I can only guess at the admin's intent, but I think it was to have a place for people who have met here to talk about things not related to the TW; not as a place to be able to violate the Forum Rules and Regulations.
This is a forum comprised largely of thrifty, older males. There are centuries worth of life experience actively participating and interacting together. Topics will vary and tempers will flare. Attempting to make this great forum into an episode of "leave it to beaver" will guarantee a boring and repetitive site. I wholeheartedly agree that it should remain family friendly but every family has a drunk uncle or gay cousin..........

Tom

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Off-Topic I can only guess at the admin's intent, but I think it was to have a place for people who have met here to talk about things not related to the TW; not as a place to be able to violate the Forum Rules and Regulations.
And just what are the rules and "regulations"{what the Hell is this, the Military?}? Oh, you mean those ones that change every day, with each newbie that becomes and "Admin"???Got Cha....I see you've been around since April, so I bow to your long experience on this site....;)

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
And just what are the rules and "regulations"{what the Hell is this, the Military?}? Oh, you mean those ones that change every day, with each newbie that becomes and "Admin"???Got Cha....I see you've been around since April, so I bow to your long experience on this site....;)
Did you read the forum rules at the top of the off topic page?:p Sorry I see you've not been around a year yet.:rolleyes: See how silly your post sounds?:nono:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
IMO some forum rules are fine, to prevent repeated, outright abuses (like spamming or ongoing, obvious, malicious, attention-seeking trolling). However, "insulting another forum member", shouldn't constitute breaking a rule (and yes, I know it "does"). Someone who can't handle being insulted can't handle life. We have enough restrictions to our freedom in everyday "real life"; an online forum like this should be a place one can go to vent one's frustrations a bit now and again, a place where a guy can just be himself sometimes, without having to be overly concerned with nonsensical political correctness. Lots of the people on here (QWERTY included) have said things which grossly contradict my ideology and may have offended me a bit here or there, but I don't feel the need to cry myself to sleep over it. I say let them think as they think and act as they please, and I'll do the same. Many of those same people (also including QWERTY...) have also been helpful to me, or have stated things totally congruent with my ideology, in ways better than I could have thought to say them myself!

Qwerty: I understand your desire to leave the forum on account of the warning you received, having been in a similar situation myself (one which I found to be, let us say, disagreeable...) on ADVRIDER recently. I was the target of disgusting, totally unprovoked and uncalled for, blatant moderator abuse - a mod on there thought it would be funny to delete some of my posts and then cite utterly bogus rule-breaking on my part as the cause of the deletions (I re-read the rules and am ONE HUNDRED percent certain I absolutely DID NOT break the rules he cited!); and of course most of these "forum governments", if you will, are essentially internet-domain dictatorships, so there's no arguing or doing anything about it! I hope you'll be able to let it go after a while and stick around, man, although I can't blame you if you don't.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Guys let me tell you, without qwerty I would not be here, most likely would not even have a TW (or two by now). His help was incredible when I joined. Not only with advise. He went out and bought and shipped me my first set of necessary parts since I had no idea and no way to buy anything on the island. To the person who gave the warning, FUCK YOU!!! I will be honored to either be warned or expelled!!!!!

This is what I'm talking about, right here. I won't say whether I agree or disagree with what you say, because that doesn't matter. I just appreciate that you aren't afraid to speak your mind. This is how it should be!

Mod(s): relax/let it go, don't ban this guy...

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Just as I expected! The PC police are winning and the TW200 forum is losing!

I think I have read just about every post Qwerty has made here and never once IMO have I seen him cross the imaginary line. We do have some members here who enjoy baiting us with off the wall comments and then cry when someone slaps back.

There a a bunch of guys and gals here I would love to have a beer with and another bunch who can drink their Kool Aid by themselves!

Sorry to see you go Qwerty but me and some others will be with you because there is not much left!

GaryL

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Did you read the forum rules at the top of the off topic page?:p Sorry I see you've not been around a year yet.:rolleyes: See how silly your post sounds?:nono:
Yea, but at least I post{sure some of it BS, much about TWs} more than a dozen times :p

Reactions: goldenhtr
1 - 20 of 38 Posts