TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went out this morning, ostensibly, to try out my new front tire (which by the way is night/day difference from the Bridgestone) and almost ran over a Gila Monster on the trail. I stopped and moved him out of the way. He posed for a couple of photos and then crawled off into the tall grass. Gila Monsters spend about 70% of their time under ground so it is rare to see them. I average about 1 every 5 or 6 years it seems.

I have to start the thread here and post the photo from my phone so sometimes there is a delay. The area I rode was the rockiest stuff I have ever ridden in. Stretches of the jeep trail were solid hard-rock; some of it very rough. I got about 5 miles in and decided that it wasn't a good place to ride solo so I turned around and explored some bigger roads to stretch this Shinko tire a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Another pic of monster. This Desert spiny lizard was lying around so I picked him up. He jumped out of my hands through my open window. I gave up trying to catch him and drove home. I had forgotten about him and suddenly he jumped on my pant leg and ran up them. Totally freaked me out! He would jump from one leg to the next. I never knew where he was going to re-surface!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
That is so cool. I don't like/can't stand snakes but somehow a Gila Monster is OK for me. Go figure?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts