TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yeouch! :eek: It's amazing how so many of those cars are perfectly fine and then suddenly acquire target lock on the on-coming traffic. What was most terrifying was watching the huge tankers and cargo trucks lose control.

But what's with the guy on the phone?!?!

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
Never too much Vodka? Nyet!

Then why do so many of those crashes begin with folks attempting left turns from right side of multiple traffic lanes? This technique bugged the dickens out of me when I would drive in Brazil...to make a left turn the unspoken rule was to pull over on extreme right side of road, stop, wait, then begin left turn when hopefully things are safe.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Are you sure its Russia? Looks an awful lot like East Texas after a good snow to me. Pretty sure I have even seen some of these maneuvers before :p

Brazil doesn't sound like a place that I would want to Drive. I voice my opinion too much when people do stupid things while driving

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
Brazilians don't have as many gun rights as Texans, however most criminals somehow seem to have them. If you are permitted to own a gun it takes about a year to clear background checks and then it must stay at home, not legally available in your car for road rage revenge or defense. Easier thing is to have a smuggler bring you a sub-machine gun or whatever in from Paraguay. I got stopped once along the border by federal police while they checked me for smuggled guns or a possible bribe.
Have friends in the state of Espiritus Santos where all the police have been on strike for some weeks. Total sustained chaos and rioting, all banks closed, most businesses closed, no food deliveries so the few markets open until noon are running out of food, if it ain't nailed down it gets robbed or raped. Friends reported today that their nearby police sub-station was one of several blown up or burned. Police are hiding. The federal government did send in some 200 soldiers for the whole state but so few a number aren't very effective. Not like the ol' frontier Texas days of "one Ranger, one riot".

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
This saga saga justifies its own thread. Very interesting. Best wishes to your friends!

Brazilians don't have as many gun rights as Texans, however most criminals somehow seem to have them. If you are permitted to own a gun it takes about a year to clear background checks and then it must stay at home, not legally available in your car for road rage revenge or defense. Easier thing is to have a smuggler bring you a sub-machine gun or whatever in from Paraguay. I got stopped once along the border by federal police while they checked me for smuggled guns or a possible bribe.
Have friends in the state of Espiritus Santos where all the police have been on strike for some weeks. Total sustained chaos and rioting, all banks closed, most businesses closed, no food deliveries so the few markets open until noon are running out of food, if it ain't nailed down it gets robbed or raped. Friends reported today that their nearby police sub-station was one of several blown up or burned. Police are hiding. The federal government did send in some 200 soldiers for the whole state but so few a number aren't very effective. Not like the ol' frontier Texas days of "one Ranger, one riot".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts