TW200 Forum banner

What kind of seat do you have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree. I have always thought the stock TW seat is pretty comfortable for a dual purpose/enduro bike. I am fairly certain KTM and Honda make dirtbike seats uncomfortable to promote agressive riding position. Think BMX seats. You really Don't want to skip leg day if you ride motocross.

When I had my 2001 and it was used as a daily commuter I ended up keeping the coleman pad on it full time. But this was less for riding comfort; that vinyl gets hot in the TX sun and the pad keeps your butt from getting as soaked when riding thru an afternoon T-storm.

Now with the NitroHeads seat I have the Maddog(coleman) pad on full time purely for comfort. Even with it, 45 minutes into a ride the buzz gets to me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Put the coleman Maddog on today and rode about 50 miles, maybe a little better, maybe needs broke in more to help.

I have a bad back and posture makes a big difference, I catch myself arching forward which makes my hips shift forward, now I'm debating if I need handlebar risers.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
+1 for Seat Concepts. Night and day difference to me. A top 3 mod.

Reactions: grewen

·
Registered
353 Posts

Now I have room for a much bigger tank... :p

Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
353 Posts
TeeDubs was helping me out by holding parts while I did some maintenance on the Dakar. Yes, I sat on it while it was on the TW. I could still touch, but I would need some serious bar risers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well....... the coleman pad isn't cutting the mustard.

Road about three hours with two stops for a butt break.

Still having to stand and shift around often.

I am still loving the hell outta this bike tho.

I did manage to find an off road place to ride, it's about 600-700 acres of trails, going there tomorrow.

Have to adjust my air mixture some, I got on it in some soft dirt in 2nd and it hesitated,

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
I hated my Mad Dog seat pad and couldn't wait to give it away.
Next was home crafted thicker, taller mix of closed and open cell foam layers with a custom neoprene cover....much better.
I was about to inlet some gel foam as seen on Youtube but pulled the trigger on a Seat Concepts instead.
The gel insert looked not too difficult to fabricate and would be about 1/3rd the cost of a seat concepts.
Since then have put a second Seat Concepts on my TW Buddy Bike...wish it was the new taller version currently available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a Mad Dog on a quad , it didnt help much . Put one on my TW (off the quad) and it doesn't do much there either . Heck my ass was still mad at me from the ride before last , last ride was all off road / rough , on the pegs 80% of the time (3 hr ride ) and it still hurts ! Just ordered some
BALEAF Men's Bike Cycling Underwear Shorts 3D Padded Bicycle MTB Liner Shorts , in hopes that my butt will forgive me .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took my seat to a car upholstery guy and had him cut a channel in the foam where my tailbone hit. 100% more comfortable for me and only cost $35.

So,.... my butt hurts after riding so much, factory seat!

I want to hear from everyone who has a aftermarket seat or uses a pad on the factory one.

I am ready to buy either so I can keep riding or even ride more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use padded bike riding shorts. Really helps and much less expensive than a seat upgrade. You may want to give it a try. Look for one that doesn't have tight bands for the lower leg portion. I had some that chafed me at the leg cuff.
Hey , thanks . No idea these existed . Ordered some .

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just swapped seats with another forum member; my NitroHead for his stock seat. Its been 6 years since I sat on a stock TW seat. And my nostalgic memory didn't let me down. It is very comfortable.

After riding both seats in succession
I compiled some thoughts on the Nitrohead:
+Lower Standover height
+Wider seating area
+Smooth underside makes for easy removal and mounting
+Seat pan feels more sturdy than stock (no flex)
+Vinyl has just enough friction coefficient (not too sticky, not too slick)
+Aesthetics!!!!

Really the only negative:
-Not enough padding (for me)

You can tell by fit and finish that this is a quality, purpose-built product. As a whole, TW owners interested in modifying are LUCKY to have so many truly bolt on products.

Altho, Some may argue that it's not true customization if you're not having to fabricate....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use padded bike riding shorts. Really helps and much less expensive than a seat upgrade. You may want to give it a try. Look for one that doesn't have tight bands for the lower leg portion. I had some that chafed me at the leg cuff.
MY ASS THANKS YOU ! Me too . Got them today , put them on and went for a 40 minute trail ride , only standing a few times because I had to due to terrain . My butt was fine ! Pryor to these I was on a Coleman cushion (worthless) and after 5-10 minutes I had a pain in the ass . Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Never thought of these (or new there was such a thing) but Ski Pro recommended padded bicycle riding shorts . Ordered some and they helped A LOT !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I have some shorts on the way, today was the first day I haven;t rode, saddle sore.

But I had some bush hog work I need to do so it got done.

Oh, and my rear rack from Cycleracks came in, it's sweet.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts