TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TW225E, 2006
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motorcycle

I wanted to share some photos from my trips within 2-300 KMs (round trip) around where I live in Japan. Every forest trail, city, stream has is it's own unique character, smell and experience! Photo above was my YT thumbnail.

Tire Wheel Plant Plant community Motorcycle
Day camp with most of the items from the dollar store. Not trying to be cheap, but trying to be smart! The spot is located in Shiga, Japan.

Bicycle handlebar Automotive lighting Sky Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Rode through the mountains and through clouds! This was yesterday on the Suzuka Skyline in Mie, Japan.

Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

I was trying to capture the clouds over the mountains. But decided to show off the bike. Oops.

Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Vehicle

Me trying real hard to pretend I didn't pose for this shot decked in rain gear.

Window Flash photography Fixture Tints and shades City

Me chilling out Samurai style in my friend Tomita's crib from the 1700s. (I don't have a friend named Tomita, see below)

Wood Font Scroll Rectangle Tints and shades

The house was built in the 1700s and has been preserved in pristine condition. I just wasn't around to meet Tomita. Ha. This is in Takayama city, Gifu - Japan.

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire

The only spot on this trail with some light in Koka, Shiga - Japan.

Cloud Tire Sky Mountain Plant

The beautiful city of Gero in Gifu, Japan. Just random stop by the road. Probably the only city I've been to where turning my head in any direction guarantees I'm going to find something beautiful.

I hope I can share some videos with y'all soon. But work has been a b*tch and I can't seem to find time to focus.

Hope you guys riding safe!

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
725 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Dude… you should be making a living as a moto-journalist. Your content, framing, lighting consciousness, compositions, vid editing, etc.

All great. Please keep at it - a real treat to see a part of the world many of us never will.

And never, ever, feel the need to apologize for finding your fine 225 @ the center of frame! Lol.

·
Registered
TW225E, 2006
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing. Dude… you should be making a living as a moto-journalist. Your content, framing, lighting consciousness, compositions, vid editing, etc.

All great. Please keep at it - a real treat to see a part of the world many of us never will.

And never, ever, feel the need to apologize for finding your fine 225 @ the center of frame! Lol.
Thank you so much. This really means a lot to me. Your comment connects with me very deeply/emotionally. It has been a life time dream to be a moto travel journalist full time. I am at the point where my full time profession (despite being successful, but that's subjective) is dry and I've lost the 'fire'. I don't know if that makes sense. But all I know is, I need to be doing something else.

I started recording, editing and taking photographs as the very first step towards making this dream a reality. I have no prior experience in journalism, photography or video editing, but feel like it's my calling. After being to 14 countries, I can tell the world is a beautiful place and people are beautiful. That's the main element of what I want to share. It's just so much more beautiful to explore that on a motorcycle because allows you to engage 4 outta 5 senses, hence making it a more intimate experience!

Sorry for the long speech, but it really means a lot to me. I can't thank you enough for the kind words of encouragement.

Always ride safe!

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
725 Posts
Amen, brother. It makes perfect sense to me. Been there, done that.

Reinvented myself a few times before landing on my chosen profession.

Always tried to learn, to grow, with each change, each success; each setback.

We only get one go at all this & no one gets out alive, so Dare to Dream.

You do have talent, GoJo. If you have a calling, you’ll find the way.

Rubber-side down!

• Love
Reactions: RideWithGojo

·
Registered
390 Posts
Approaching the Cascades from Christmas Valley, Oregon? Lol! I still can’t believe Japan looks like this. Actually, I really didn’t know what I thought Japan looks like. Korea, Philippines, yes.

Well, one giveaway was that beautiful full-size Toyota van, which we can’t get here. P

1 - 9 of 9 Posts