TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many a Dubber I am in the process of doing "mods". I am the type of person that once I set my eyes on the goal I become somewhat obsessed with the project at hand. In doing so my mind tends to wander to the "what if" category. What if I had infinite $, what if I had access to any custom parts with same day delivery
, what if I knew how to re-build the Millennium Falcon, what if I could get this done in a weekend with only a 12 pack of beer!! Okay the last one may be a stretch! My question being, what would your dream TW be? Just intrigued by the prospect of putting us Dub lovers in a room and see what WE can come up with ... I am sure it would be interesting to say the least!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I appreciate that! Wait, am I a bad influence??
Never a bad influence, we are talking about our kids after-all. I just embrace the possibilities we have with such a Bike ... I truly believe if you put a bunch of us together we could come up with an interesting model!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh the infamous 6th gear ... yes have to agree. Many a time have I squeezed in the clutch on 5th only to realize to my a) embarrassment and
disappointment that I lack the comfort of an extra cruising gear! Appeals more to us "street folk"!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
How about a better seat and suspension!! Might as well make it a 350cc also, but don't make it any heavier!!!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
If I was forced to change the TW, I'd give it a 3.5 gallon tank. I dont want it to be anything it's not, If I want a faster bike I'll get one, If I want a dirt bike I'll get one, if I want a street bike I'll get one, if I want a fuel injected bike I'll get one, if I want a bigger engine or more power I'll buy a bike that has it. What I want and need is a solid dependable, easy to maintain, low, light, tough, street legal TRAIL bike. From what I can see, the TW is the only game in town, and I don't want to lose that.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'd like to try the TW225 version some day. Other that that, the only thing I'd change about my '07 is the tank. 3 to 3.5 gallon metal tank would be great.

I agree with r80rt. I'm looking at buying a Goldwing soon, I don't need the TW to become a highway runner.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Once I found out the Ossa Explorer and the Beta 300RR are both street legal in Iowa, they became co-dream bikes. Two stroke in 2013 on the road? Yes, please.

As far as the TW goes, it needs a 6th gear and/or a 400cc engine akin to the DRZ suzuki engine. Keep it low to the ground and the same size that it is though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Only two things I'd like to see would be a 6 spd trans. not for street. 1st gear extra low for trail and 5 normal and a larger gas tank.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great ideas and suggestions. The Dub is a perfect bike to experiment with due to it's simplistic design ... that is why it is completely acceptable to have more than one. This is my logic in having two T-Dubs in our garage right now. One stripped and ready for a face lift the other stock n ready to ride awaiting her turn to be stripped down. I do believe I see this becoming a hobby too

1 - 20 of 31 Posts