TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have all done things to our tdubs to make them fit our own style
Or misson purpose.
What are your top 3 modifications that you have made?
What are the top 3 modifications you still want to make?
Let us know what makes the mighty TW yours
What the heck, post a current picture of your trusty TW...
Mike

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Done:
1) Added a kickstarter
2) Added a 2" extended swingarm (courtesy of Joemama)
3) Added a rear wheel trailer wheel conversion hub with ATV tire
4) Big bore TTR226 6-speed engine transplant
5) Just about every other TW mod known to man
(Sorry, I know that is more than the 3 you asked for)

Pending:
None - Currently waiting for someone to come up with the next must-have TW modification so I can copy it

·
Registered
596 Posts
1. Cyclerack with hump turned down.
2. Cycleracks bag supports with 1 gal rotopax tank and cheap (free) saddle bags.
3. Backrest for the wife.

Coming soon.
1. 241 front tire
2. Shorty clutch lever
3. Install my kickstarter when I install new aftermarket clutch.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Pending:
None - Currently waiting for someone to come up with the next must-have TW modification so I can copy it
Perhaps that is why you have the absolute "Cadillac" of TW200's, sir! Every time I ride my '87 I rub the gas tank and whisper sweet nothings to her about 225cc's and 6 gears...

·
Super Moderator
5,316 Posts
Every modification made to my 200 has been to improve it, and to make those accessories, if you can call them that, as “bullet proof” as possible – X ring chain, new sprockets, steering bearings, Manrack, Lithium battery etc – each in turn improving on the original parts, and requiring no further attention

To a point, it sounds boring, and to a point, it is. “Predictability” is what I was going for, and that’s exactly what I’ve got. I find myself relying on the members here to present “puzzles”, not having any of my own

The only modification I have resisted is the “Tusk” lever protectors. Spoils the lines of the bike in my opinion, (which is always subjective). Hardly needed around these parts as well, a simple 10/12mm ring spanner and a pair of spare levers (total cost of ten bucks) suffices. Never needed them of course, as that would involve “unpredictability” – a curse I seem to have grown out of much to my dismay

But to keep this “on topic”, the most pleasing to look at is the Manrack – it’s so tidy and tucked in, I smile whenever I see it. The other mods mentioned are below the surface, and tend to go unnoticed – that brings us to the “odd ball” – the JNS (black) headlight. Still not sure about that one, and as I rarely ride at night, likely to remain so

“Concept allergy” ? – “Fashion statement” ? – “Unproven” ? …. Who knows, but maybe that’s what makes me still want it on there – because it’s the only thing on that bike that I cannot predict, and that’s what makes that part “unique”

The factory TW225 Special Edition (limited to a production run of 1000 in 2007) remains in “museum condition”, and simply because of that, cannot be modified in any way. So many of these bikes have been modded to hell and back, that very few are left in their original condition, let alone with a low mileage. Such an example would set you back over 6000 bucks, and that’s even if you could find one – and with every year, that possibility lessens. I still ride it of course, putting 500 or so miles on it each year, but if it doesn’t run, it becomes a “pointless” object - art without purpose

·
Registered
274 Posts
Perhaps that is why you have the absolute "Cadillac" of TW200's, sir! Every time I ride my '87 I rub the gas tank and whisper sweet nothings to her about 225cc's and 6 gears...
;)
The best modification I have made to my tw200 is the “ well Chiselled hunk of a guy riding it “ it makes it look so good 😂🤣😂🤣😆😆, haha haha , could not resist it , well pretty much as purple has said some of the mods done , as many members have done but want to keep it as original as poss , everyone is different with bikes some customise them , some just ride them , over the years I found by using aftermarket upgrades unless someone else wants them if/ when you come to sell bike you normally do not get money back off bits bought ? Yeah you could take them off and put originals back on , but your upgrades are already second hand and devalued ( just saying) so I rarely bother now , unless I was building a complete hybrid bike for a certain purpose / show etc

·
Registered
16 Posts
1) LED head and tail light bulbs (see and be seen).

2) Swapped the 15 tooth drive sprocket for a 14 tooth.

3) Rear rack

3a) Done before i bought it, but love both: FMF exhaust and kick starter.

3b) My Jimbo windscreen should arrive later this week and I think I will like it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1) I added a 3/4" st.45 copper elbow to the exhaust.
2) Attached a shiny bicycle bell to my handlebar.
3) Put Rainbow colored tassels attached to the ends of the grips.

Does anyone have suggestions for upgrading my little girl, I named her Sissy.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Best mod I did was sell it and buy a DRZ 400SM. Swap road tires off for dual sport and done.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts

Pics, or it didn't happen ;) o_O:p!

·
Registered
16 Posts
1) LED head and tail light bulbs (see and be seen).

2) Swapped the 15 tooth drive sprocket for a 14 tooth.

3) Rear rack

3a) Done before i bought it, but love both: FMF exhaust and kick starter.

3b) My Jimbo windscreen should arrive later this week and I think I will like it.
3c) Forgot about the mud flap I made out of some thick vinyl and bolted it to the bottom of the front fender; very effective and does not look bad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Done:
1) Added a kickstarter
2) Added a 2" extended swingarm (courtesy of Joemama)
3) Added a rear wheel trailer wheel conversion hub with ATV tire
4) Big bore TTR226 6-speed engine transplant
5) Just about every other TW mod known to man
(Sorry, I know that is more than the 3 you asked for)

Pending:
Wow Brian. Do you have a pic of the bike with all the mods? I’d love to see how the engine and rear tire looks.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Every modification made to my 200 has been to improve it, and to make those accessories, if you can call them that, as “bullet proof” as possible – X ring chain, new sprockets, steering bearings, Manrack, Lithium battery etc – each in turn improving on the original parts, and requiring no further attention

To a point, it sounds boring, and to a point, it is. “Predictability” is what I was going for, and that’s exactly what I’ve got. I find myself relying on the members here to present “puzzles”, not having any of my own

The only modification I have resisted is the “Tusk” lever protectors. Spoils the lines of the bike in my opinion, (which is always subjective). Hardly needed around these parts as well, a simple 10/12mm ring spanner and a pair of spare levers (total cost of ten bucks) suffices. Never needed them of course, as that would involve “unpredictability” – a curse I seem to have grown out of much to my dismay

But to keep this “on topic”, the most pleasing to look at is the Manrack – it’s so tidy and tucked in, I smile whenever I see it. The other mods mentioned are below the surface, and tend to go unnoticed – that brings us to the “odd ball” – the JNS (black) headlight. Still not sure about that one, and as I rarely ride at night, likely to remain so

“Concept allergy” ? – “Fashion statement” ? – “Unproven” ? …. Who knows, but maybe that’s what makes me still want it on there – because it’s the only thing on that bike that I cannot predict, and that’s what makes that part “unique”

View attachment 206743

View attachment 206744

The factory TW225 Special Edition (limited to a production run of 1000 in 2007) remains in “museum condition”, and simply because of that, cannot be modified in any way. So many of these bikes have been modded to hell and back, that very few are left in their original condition, let alone with a low mileage. Such an example would set you back over 6000 bucks, and that’s even if you could find one – and with every year, that possibility lessens. I still ride it of course, putting 500 or so miles on it each year, but if it doesn’t run, it becomes a “pointless” object - art without purpose

View attachment 206745

View attachment 206746

View attachment 206747
nice looking bike!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Pics or it didn't happen.......

·
Registered
968 Posts
2 inch pivoting handlebar riser, kickstarter, 241 front tire and larger gas tank.
So many other mods done and enjoyed! I think I'm done. Until "IT" comes along..

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Can't believe I am the first one to say "larger foot pegs". One of my favorite upgrades for trail riding.

Tom

Reactions: Scooterbrained
1 - 20 of 40 Posts