TW200 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
We have all done things to our tdubs to make them fit our own style
Or misson purpose.
What are your top 3 modifications that you have made?
What are the top 3 modifications you still want to make?
Let us know what makes the mighty TW yours
What the heck, post a current picture of your trusty TW...
Mike
Went 3T smaller on the rear sprocket, handlebar risers and Seat Concepts seat!

Reactions: Scooterbrained

·
Registered
20,472 Posts
TW-Brian should proudly show off this machine:
Done:
1) Added a kickstarter
2) Added a 2" extended swingarm (courtesy of Joemama)
3) Added a rear wheel trailer wheel conversion hub with ATV tire
4) Big bore TTR226 6-speed engine transplant
5) Just about every other TW mod known to man

Seeing photos of that Rip Saw tire and triple rear sprocket etc is one thing.
Seeing it in person then riding it on both street and trail was a humbling experience in just how infrequently most of us explore the depths of these little machines. Stock is very good, but there also lies untapped potential.
I have chased TW-Brian down most of these rabbit holes but his machine is extremely well prepared while mine resembles a horse "rode hard and put away wet".

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Well I started this thread so I will throw my two cents in..
I haven't done much yet so I may edit this later..
My top three favorite modifications so far..
1, GPS..
2, Rear rack.
3, Rotopax fuel can (1gallon)
Top three I need to do
1, rear trailer wheel conversion (working on it)
2, Kickstarter. (working on it)
3, Dual rear sprockets.
4, 4.1 Gallon Clark tank.
Oops I can't count to three.
Thanks to everyone for playing along with this thread
IMG_20200719_180145_238.jpg

·
Registered
682 Posts
What about that trailer!? Something like that is definitely an option I would love to explore someday.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It is Handy but it officially belongs to my KLR .
The klr 650 is getting a new 48in box trailer.
The T-dub will probably inherit this one full time since I haven't started the klr since I bought the T-dub.
It is a 24in action packer made by kip moto. It usually sports a couple of Rotopax gas cans.
I have only had this little T-dub a couple of weeks but it is really growing on me.
A thousand Smiles per gallon.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I’ve done a few simple mods. But I have to count one as three. KILL THE DEATH WING FRONT TIRE. Before it kills you. Then upgrade your chain and get a bigger tank.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Done
1. Tusk Utility Top Rack with Pelican Case (That Trunk is the Handiest and Most Convenient Thing)
2. 2" Pivoting ROX RISERS
3. DID X-Ring Chain
And More!

Future Wants
1. Seat Concepts
2. LED Headlight and Blinkers
3. LED Spot/Floods

Reactions: reddave

·
Registered
682 Posts
Due to this Forum, I installed a DID X-ring chain and Shinko 241 on the bike before I ever even rode it. Therefore, I feel they cannot be included in my list because I don't have any comparison to the factory components. So, my 1-2-3 is the following:

1. Pro Taper SE ATV High bars (I couldn't stand while riding without hunching over)
2. Tusk brush guards (Saved my levers many times - not to mention my hands. Also strengthens the Pro Tapers during impact)
3. Tusk Utility Top Rack (Carries the extra fuel, fishing gear, hunting rifle, camping gear, etc.)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Due to this Forum, I installed a DID X-ring chain and Shinko 241 on the bike before I ever even rode it. Therefore, I feel they cannot be included in my list because I don't have any comparison to the factory components. So, my 1-2-3 is the following:

1. Pro Taper SE ATV High bars (I couldn't stand while riding without hunching over)
2. Tusk brush guards (Saved my levers many times - not to mention my hands. Also strengthens the Pro Tapers during impact)
3. Tusk Utility Top Rack (Carries the extra fuel, fishing gear, hunting rifle, camping gear, etc.)
And the three future wants???

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
Glad I did:
1) Wiseco pistons in each TW (68mm in one and 70mm in the other)
2) Rejetting the carbs high speed jets to #112 (old style carbs)
3) Self altered narrow foot pegs to wide foot pegs. Cost me nothing and super strong and comfortable.
4) Tachometer

Regret:
Seat Concept seat with the foam for 200 lbs and my boney skinny ass weighs 150 lbs. Like sitting on a board.

Future:
Now that my TW's are running the best they have ever run I am going to replace the carb on one with an after market carb to see if I can make it better. (The little voice deep inside says "don't do it" but I can't resist.)

P1230032.JPG

·
Registered
682 Posts
And the three future wants???
Hi Marty! I find it hard to have any "wants" right now!!! I was gifted a second rear wheel w/ Duro Power Grip last week by a new forum member. I can go outside at night right now with 10x binoculars and see the Comet NEOWISE, FOUR of Jupiter's moons, and even the rings of Saturn! Amazing times. With that said, I could really pay back some kindness to my ass with a Seat Concepts cover! I'd really like a nice quality 3-gallon plastic fuel tank if they are ever made with pride. The ultimate dream, without question, is finding an XT225 donor bike and moving over everything I can to the TW! Even in today's modern World, a man can still dream...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Clarke 4 gallon xt 350 tank
home built rear rack
cycra wrap-around hand guards

other stuff already done
wide foot pegs
"O" ring chain

no future plans as of today

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
272 Posts
Best mod I did was sell it and buy a DRZ 400SM. Swap road tires off for dual sport and done.
:unsure:, mmm ! strange type of reply !!!! as you have said “ sell it and by a DRZ400SM, and put duel sport tyres on it , so surely , you are on wrong forum now ???? , how bizarre you are still interested in forum posts when you did not appreciate the pros/cons of the long running tdub bike , I will be interested to see how long that Suzuki motor lasts before blowing up , never mind the electrical issues they had on them even out of the crate new ? , admittedly they are superior to the tdub in engine/ suspension, but so is a old school mustang car compared to a new type mustang , no offence intended by the way , just a little bemused

21 - 39 of 39 Posts