TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I don't post here very often but I hope this can help me break my barriers. I spent the last weekend with my buddy out riding some trails with not just one, but TWO bikes that I proudly rebuilt all by myself thanks to online resources such as this forum. Spend just over half a year rebuilding my TW (now 225 with TTR top end) and spend over two years inching away at rebuilding the transmission on the little MX80 two-stroke. Cleaned her up and she's in ride-able condition just like her big sister. I'm a senior in high school right now so I'm trying to enjoy as many opportunities as I can with these fun machines. I hope you enjoy this video I made and hope it brings some smiles to fellow TW enthusiasts :D. Thank care, Cristian.
Video Link:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
That looks like so much fun! Nice job on the rebuilds too. Enjoy the fruits of your labor as that is the reward for a job well done. Thank you for sharing.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Hey everyone, I don't post here very often but I hope this can help me break my barriers. I spent the last weekend with my buddy out riding some trails with not just one, but TWO bikes that I proudly rebuilt all by myself thanks to online resources such as this forum. Spend just over half a year rebuilding my TW (now 225 with TTR top end) and spend over two years inching away at rebuilding the transmission on the little MX80 two-stroke. Cleaned her up and she's in ride-able condition just like her big sister. I'm a senior in high school right now so I'm trying to enjoy as many opportunities as I can with these fun machines. I hope you enjoy this video I made and hope it brings some smiles to fellow TW enthusiasts :D. Thank care, Cristian.
Video Link:

Awesome... I'd have to get going pretty quick to overcome gravity and get that kind of air these days! Oh... then there is the landing! 33mm vs 275lb lol... I wonder how those cartridges would work..

·
Registered
805 Posts
Boy does that take me back to my high school days in the 70's. I had a Yamaha MX80 and a Hodaka Dirt Squirt and rode them everywhere. In fact, I nearly didn't graduate high school because I cut classes so much so I could ride.

We didn't have any internet, so no forums. No smart phones, digital cameras, etc. We did make a movie once using a friend's 'Super 8' movie camera. We set it to the music of Joni Mitchell

Pave Paradise and Put Up A Parking Lot/Yellow Taxi

The video was set in a huge open pasture land area that was being bulldozed for a shopping mall.

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts