TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got through watching a bunch of people riding superbikes on public highways at speeds over 200 mph. Ok so, someone made the comment that they do that because they get paid to upload these videos to Youtube. Is this for real? I love speed, but only on a track. Why is it ok to put yours or my family at risk, or me or you, by riding at such ridiculous speeds? some will comment "oh such a rush and well risks are part of living". I am all for risks to make life more colorful. But the risk of someone who does not share the same passion? At those speed, even a five or six hundred pound motorcycle has the energy to kill someone in a four wheeled vehicle. Good grief.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I think most here would think it's ridiculous unless it was in the desert with a 100 mile field of view and no one else on the road.

Just got through watching a bunch of people riding superbikes on public highways at speeds over 200 mph. Ok so, someone made the comment that they do that because they get paid to upload these videos to Youtube. Is this for real? I love speed, but only on a track. Why is it ok to put yours or my family at risk, or me or you, by riding at such ridiculous speeds? some will comment "oh such a rush and well risks are part of living". I am all for risks to make life more colorful. But the risk of someone who does not share the same passion? At those speed, even a five or six hundred pound motorcycle has the energy to kill someone in a four wheeled vehicle. Good grief.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Right now in Walla Walla a woman is in critical condition and her son has a broken jaw. Because 2 idiot were street racing. Doing some 60ish mph in a residential area. They both have been arrested. At least the lady is now reported to be stabilized medically.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
On the next road over from mine is the Monticello Motor Club, Google it. This is a very large motor speed track for the rich and famous who own super cars. A couple years ago a group of these fools driving their hot cars to the speedway got busted in a group doing over 150 MPH on the main highway, Route 17. I think about ten cars got pulled over. In NY going 20 MPH over the speed limit can get your license yanked. Most of these folks being rich and famous got away with their stunt with just fines and the club itself got hammered for it's members being idiots. On the track itself they can hit speeds over 200 MPH but the last I heard membership is near a Million dollars and guys like Jerry Seinfeld and other hot shots are the ones who join and race every weekend. I do get to see some real nice super cars drive past my house, Ferrari, Bughatti, Porche and you name it and I can hear them running while on the track from my yard but on the roads around here these guys are crazy to run million dollar vehicles at high speeds with all the deer and bear all over the roads. My wife hit a deer doing 40 and it did $13,000 in damage to a $30,000 SUV. Wonder how much damage that would do on a million dollar car going over 100 MPH? I see guys on crotch rockets fly by all the time going way over the limit and have had two fatal crashes that I know of in the past few years both from deer.

GaryL

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'd much rather see those idiots hit a deer than some unsuspecting person.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
A guy last year in BC posted a video of his excessive speed ride and the RCMP used the video to successfully prosecute him.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey DR SQUAT where are you located in the Blue Grass State? I'm in the SW corner of Boone County in Northern KY. 34 miles SW of Cincinnati and 50 or so miles north a slightly west of Lexington. Good to see someone else possibly close by but then again you could be 3-6 hours away depending on where you are.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Speed never hurt anybody, but those sudden stops can be a bitch!

After one of my Bonneville buds had set a new record over 260MPH on our dual-engine bike, somebody asked him what is was like, going 260MPH on a motorcycle.
He thought a sec and said "Well, it's just like going 160, only faster!"
It's all relative...:tongue1:

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Just got through watching a bunch of people riding superbikes on public highways at speeds over 200 mph.
What video is this? You'd be hard pressed to get a streetbike over 200 mph unless you have lots of time and money or a very strong penchant for exaggeration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts