TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Did you ever double back and ride that road at Finger Lakes National????

Tom

Reactions: scotti158

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever double back and ride that road at Finger Lakes National????

Tom
No, I went on a few roads that we didn't hit when we were riding together. Just more of the same. Then I zig-zagged my way home avoiding the main highways as much as possible.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I want to do that road once I get my new front tire installed.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Excuses...Excuses. Lol. You Better also wear them new boot. :p
Funny you should mention it since I was just riding around my yard with the new boots trying to get my new shift lever set just right! Need to move it down just a bit in the morning.

Tom

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Funny you should mention it since I was just riding around my yard with the new boots trying to get my new shift lever set just right! Need to move it down just a bit in the morning.

Tom
Let me know how that new shifter works out I could use more clearance when riding with my MX boots

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Let me know how that new shifter works out I could use more clearance when riding with my MX boots
I can tell you now it is going to be a huge improvement!!! No need to go back to the smaller foot peg after all. Still can't feel the shifter through the boot though so that will take some getting used to.

Tom

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
If I want floorboards on a bike....I'll ride my 1600.:rolleyes:
True enough, but with the cooler weather coming aren't the assless leather chaps too breezy?

chaps (1).jpg

Tom

·
Registered
4,172 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Depends on the biker bar. I entered one in Hollywierd years ago naively expecting an experience like when I had entered same in the Bay Area (Oakland). Well. Lots of leather, lots of flesh chaps would have to be classified as tame. A whole lot of Harley's. Not a place for the homophobic or intolerant. I had a great time as did my GF but my buddy had to leave as he felt really uncomfortable. To each there own I say, one of the things I love about motorcycles, it's own gig, enjoy as you will.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
If I want floorboards on a bike....I'll ride my 1600.:rolleyes:
I'm with you on that Brian... I like the OEM foot pegs, there small and don't hit me on the back of my legs when stopped.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'm with you on that Brian... I like the OEM foot pegs, there small and don't hit me on the back of my legs when stopped.
I put bigger pegs on my KLR. OEM pegs were the rubber street bike type foot pegs. Absolutely terrible off road. With the wider pegs I had to lengthen my shifter and cut and re-weld the foot peg mounting bracket to get it to feel right. The front edge of the foot peg was just too close to the shifter. When they make wider foot pegs, they should keep the front edge in the same location and widen them toward the back. The TW pegs for me are pretty good stock. Narrow front to back makes it easier for my foot to pivot if I'm standing and need to shift my weight around.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
"Wider" is a relative term. There are pegs that have a greater dimension front to rear, and there are pegs that are longer which thus extend farther from the centerline of the bike. If seeking "wider" foot pegs it sure helps to clarify just what one desires.
No criticism here, but try to remember folks that what is perfectly clear in your mind in not necessarily automatically clear to your audience. Helps to define frames of reference, what is relative to what else, define acronyms initially and basically try to use all those proper writing skills that our junior high school teachers tried to pound into our distracted adolescent minds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts