·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
How much? Let me go get my checkbook!!!!!! :D

That suckers sweet!!!!! :p

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
That is pretty cool and looks like it was well done!

I'd be interested in closeups of how the rear hub and rear disc mounting were done. Are the front triples custom and is that a full custom rear hub? If so, maybe Mekdad could take some tips from it.

Too bad it's not street legal, it would be a great hooligan bike around town!

Great score!

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
I would love to ride that bike. It is so cool.

Hey Fred, I was going to be in your area tomorrow, mind if I stop by?
I want to ride..er..a..I mean buy a Ricochet Skid Plate and one of those nice Seat Concepts kits you sell.

:D:p

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is pretty cool and looks like it was well done!

I'd be interested in closeups of how the rear hub and rear disc mounting were done. Are the front triples custom and is that a full custom rear hub? If so, maybe Mekdad could take some tips from it.

Too bad it's not street legal, it would be a great hooligan bike around town!

Great score!
This would be a bad azz urban marauder if it could be made street legal I might check and see if Baja Designs has a kit for the YZ

It's a high rpm machine ie needs to run faster for proper cooling so it's basically a sand dune monster and maybe a desert bike

The guy that designed these sold kits for $3000 but he said the rear swing arm had 80 hours labor and just could not be mass produced on the cheap

The kit was wider triple trees, custome front hub and axle

Full custom rear swing arm and custom rear hub and axle

All utilizing OEM YZ components

He said a DR650 air cooled thumper might be better for a low speed crawler

He only sold 5 total and this was his personal prototype with lots of extra had build hours so I couldn't say no to the chance to own it for what I thought was a fair price
SAM_6075.JPG SAM_6076.JPG SAM_6054.JPG

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would love to ride that bike. It is so cool.

Hey Fred, I was going to be in your area tomorrow, mind if I stop by?
I want to ride..er..a..I mean buy a Ricochet Skid Plate and one of those nice Seat Concepts kits you sell.

:D:p
I'm officially out of that cold west retention pond of a state Tommy!

You'd have to fly 1400 miles south to see me now lol

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
I'm officially out of that cold west retention pond of a state Tommy!

You'd have to fly 1400 miles south to see me now lol
That is one sweet bike Fred. I can only imagine what it must have cost. Can I sit on it at least sometime...haha

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can say only one thing.......SWEEEEEEEET! And the only other thing I can say(lol) is the DR650 would be even sweeter.
Yah we here on the Tdub forum love anything Fat Tire lmao!!!

I want my next girlfriend to be rolling on two Fat Tires and I'll marry her :)

This will prolly be too much power for me to play safe one I'm thinking a DR400 Fat Tire might be a good compromise for old F's like me !

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
It's going to be a keeper isn't it Fred? It's so unique and I know you know, that you don't run across too many bikes like that. If it was mine and someone wanted it, it would demand a pretty penny to pry it away from my hands...

:D

Reactions: PlacerLode

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I bought it for my collection I saw the guys youtube videos back in 2011 and thought it was incredible but I never expected to actually own one

The kits ran $3000 plus $500 install and you had to have the YZ to put everything on. I also got a pristine set of sand tires and rims all for a little more than the kit plus install. It might not seem like a "deal" to some but I was happy (I would have paid more) and I would not sell it for what I paid unless I really needed the cash

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
I bought it for my collection I saw the guys youtube videos back in 2011 and thought it was incredible but I never expected to actually own one

The kits ran $3000 plus $500 install and you had to have the YZ to put everything on. I also got a pristine set of sand tires and rims all for a little more than the kit plus install. It might not seem like a "deal" to some but I was happy (I would have paid more) and I would not sell it for what I paid unless I really needed the cash
That's the coolest bike I've seen in awhile. :p

Reactions: rebelyell

·
Registered
102 Posts
The bike was in dirtwheels and atv action magazine. I guess the gentleman who made it is getting out of the business or it wasn't cost effective to make him enough of money for all of his time n labor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts