TW200 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mudbug riding on the stock TW pegs always bothered me because they are so small. I had recently purchased a 98 YZ 80 and an 03 YZ 85 as parts bikes. Now those little bikes have some nice wide ones on them. I took the ones off the 85 first but without cutting and welding new mounts to the frame of the TW, they weren't gonna work. The 80's peg's, with a little work, Will fit!
You have to grind on each side of the peg until it fits and moves in the TW's mount (doesnt take much). You also have to grind the stop on the back of the peg and around the mounting pin hole some so it will travel properly in the event of a drop. The pivot pin on the YZ is larger so you have to drill the hole in the TW's mount out enough that once you do this, the stock pin will now be too small and wobble around so make sure you want to do this, one way street. Also take a little filling around the pin holes to get the burs out, otherwise it's hard to get in and much harder to get back out to fix the problem. Looks good and feels nice under your foot vs the stock twigs. Much cheaper used than any aftermarket and other than waiting for the paint to dry, took less than hour to figure out and get fitted up and rode. Sorry the pictures are kinda lousy, I was doing this as a surprise so I didn't have anyone else around to help with it
Will

Attachments

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
simple things such as larger pegs make the bike so much more comfortable. nice job!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts