TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Can you guys tell us what are the best YZ80 forks to swap over to?

Is there a model that was beter than another for a drum brake?

Old Betsy

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I think most of the '80's drum brake YZ80 forks were pretty much the same.

Are you planning to swap the entire front end onto your TW?

If you're considering using the TW wheel on YZ legs yer outta luck. The axle hole is far too small for the TW axle and it can't be bored oversize because there isn't enough material to work with.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping to use the TW front Wheel with YZ Fork Legs.

But I heard today that maybe the KX80 Forks will work.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Try searching the old forum as part of your research. The axle hole problem is fairly consistent with among the otherwise easily fitted 33mm fork legs.

You can bore the triple trees to 34mm or 35mm and the options improve a bit. Bikerjosh uses RT legs, for example.

http://scandalon.com/2009/06/motorcycle-fork-diameter-chart/

I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but also keep in mind that the TW has 5" of front travel. Any long travel front end will require lifting the bike by an amount equal to the difference in travel then lifting the rear to match.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try searching the old forum as part of your research. The axle hole problem is fairly consistent with among the otherwise easily fitted 33mm fork legs.

You can bore the triple trees to 34mm or 35mm and the options improve a bit. Bikerjosh uses RT legs, for example.

http://scandalon.com/2009/06/motorcycle-fork-diameter-chart/

I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but also keep in mind that the TW has 5" of front travel. Any long travel front end will require lifting the bike by an amount equal to the difference in travel then lifting the rear to match.

Thanks Lizrdbrth

My investigation is continuing.

I have a great guy that I found at the motorcycle wreckers.

Will keep post updated

OB

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I'd rather parts swap down there than I would up here. You guys got all the cool bikes we never got so there should be even more options for you at the wrecker's.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts