TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

yz80 forks?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  elime 
#1 ·
I know this has been brought up a million times but im not to good a finding things on forums in kinda new to all of this. So, im looking into doing the yz80 forks with the blaster rear shock. My question is, does the front axle bolt for from the yz80 to the tw200 or is it much smaller? And what year yz80 forks do i need? I read that some people use late 80s forks and some people use mid 90s forks. Which is it? Thank you for all the input and hopefully it's all positive input.

#2 ·
Not familiar with any of the YZ fork swaps but in general the wider front TW tire results in wider fork spacing than your typical motocross bike. Thus a long front axle bolt like that of the TW is needed. Length selection depends on final measurement once the seletced YZ forks are installed due to nuances of lower YZ fork dimensions.
If your bike is a disc brake equipped 2009 you face challenge of deciding to fab custom brackets for the disc or other custom work to go with a drum front brake.

#4 ·
Before you order any parts make sure the oil in the forks is at the correct level.

The forks on my TW used to bottom out all the time. I raised the oil level to 130 mm, or maybe it was 125mm, and now they never bottom out unless I intentionally slam them down very hard. It made a huge difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.